Spyderco DK EDC - indtryk og erfaringer.

Er du til knive, bajonetter, økser, sværd eller hellebarder er dette stedet.
Besvar
Brugeravatar
Scout
Platin Member
Platin Member
Interesser: Våbenhistorie
Geografisk sted: Pendling Kbh Jylland

Indlæg af Scout » 5. okt 2012, 22:35

Spyderco sendte mig en af de nye knive til det danske marked.

Jeg skrev lidt feedback til dem:

Spyderco DK Legal Version II - Jack of all trades.

When first this most recent DK legal Spyderco was revealed, it was to be no secret, that I was somewhat apprehensive.
I had been vehemently advocating a variation of the Chaparral for Denmark for a while. A leaf shaped blade, a decent steel for the blade, wire clip and a not to outlandish handle of slim proportions would be right up my alley.
A handle not protruding too much over the blade and preferably in a tan/desert/dark earth color would just be a bonus.
(I mention the handle part, as I examined the Spyderco DK Penknife and it looks like the handle is a mite too big for the blade. It looks like a too big handle was used. I like a sleek low profile look of the handle. The smaller handle of the DK Legal Version II seemed better proportioned for its blade size).

I was also apprehensive, as I had just bought a Böker COX prior to receiving the Spyderco. For a knife, which I had so eagerly been anticipating, the Cox was a huge disappointment. I repeat; I had seldom been more ready to embrace a knife design, as when I unwrapped the Böker.

The new Spyderco DK Legal Version II has a blade a bit like the Cox albeit with a less pronounced curve. Small wonder considering the design DNA.

The Syderco also reminded me of a diminutive Rock Lobster – again, small wonder considering who designed it.
So, I was holding what looked like an amalgamation of the Rock Lobster and the Cox. First impressions.
Made in Italy. Seems a very good choice. Knife is certainly of very good quality and materials.
Handling of the knife is super smooth and just very attractive. Ones WANTS to handle the knife. I have certainly handled and/or used the knife every day since I got it.
Though it doesn’t seem so or maybe isn’t transmitting through pics (always better to handle a knife and draw ones own conclusions), the fit and assembly of the knife is very good.

Though it certainly does not seem so in this pic, the smooth transition between the spring and blade is excellent. As is the fit of both parts in relation to the handle.
Billede
Too big a curve to the handle and too much of the blade exposed (for DK Legal EDC), was my immediate thoughts when looking at the overall lines..

The curvy handle makes the handle not very ergonomic and too much blade exposed making it much easier to grab hold of the blade and opening it with one hand. Further more, the backspring on my example of the knife was not tight enough. It is very easy – too easy – to open the knife with one hand. In fact, it came natural to most people who handled the knife.

Biggest complaint from the test panel of knifemakers, knife geeks, hunters and outdoorsmen, was the very exposed blade and the shape of it.
Billede
Billede

Handle

Initially, I did not care for the handle shape, though it has since grown some what on me.
Billede
The very pronounced ‘bulge’ (circled in red on pic below) on the underside of the aft part of the handle is not very comfortable, but of course serves to ‘hide’ a (too small) part of the blade….after a fashion.
Billede
I used the knife to open a lot of envelopes and cardboard boxes, which amongst other things, is the chief tasks for which I utilize an EDC knife.

I found, that when one grabs the handle of the knife with the index finger on the jimping, the middle finger and ring finger on the handle, the handle works to keep the knife in a straight line when aiming at a cardboard box ‘target.’
But when one adds the pinky to further grab hold of the handle, the little finger inevitably lands on the bulge on the underside of the handle and the knife dips a little as a result – something one has to keep correcting for. A detail, but still worth mentioning IMO.

Ironically, I found that the best way, that the hand fit the handle in the best ergonomic fashion, was with a reverse hand hold. Considering the limited use which ‘civilians’ have for a reverse grip, Im fairly certain, that this hold on the knife, was NOT what the designers intended, when they put their collective minds to designing this knife.
Billede

As previously mentioned, the handle curve does hide some of the blade, but still leaves too much blade exposed to grab hold of and open with one hand. Again, a problem further compounded by the fact, that the spring makes the blade open easily and smoothly.

As for smooth opening; the knife is obviously a quality product and finished to a surprisingly high degree for what I assume (and hope) is a knife made to be relatively reasonably priced in the land of ultra high taxation (Denmark, in case anybody was in doubt).
The blade opens very smoothly indeed and the overall impression is very nice and simply one of quality.

FRN
Im a huge fan of FRN as the choice of material for the handle of this knife. The handle is thin, just as I had envisioned it for the (hopefully) future SpyDK - which might be the third knife for the Danish market from Spyderco (thanks Syderco).

The FRN makes for a light weight strong handle, which has the inherent quality, that its slim without being flexible (as in it wont warp and/or deform when handled, though its as slim as can be).

A further ingenious feature, is the horizontal resistance to skidding. The pattern of the FRN helps preventing one from skidding forward on the handle when gripped firmly in use and when/if ones hand is covered in sweat or in my case other less desirable fluids (more on that subject later).
The pattern is clearly made to resist horizontal movement (along the length of the handle and thus helping to prevent ones fingers sliding along the edge). Vertical movement on the handle is much easier, so there is clearly some thought behind this. Nice.

Wire Clip
The clip is nothing less than a Godsend. IMO its perfect. Its thin, strong, low profile and its held by one fat screw instead of the usual three tiny screws, as is so often seen on other folder clips. The subject of wire clips is highly subjective and this is of course just my opinion. Opinions may wary.

I prefer the wire clip, as its unobtrusive and works 100%. During my knife ‘trial,’ the knife didn’t move an iota more than expected when in a trouser pocket or side pocket of as rucksack.

The only clip in my possession, which could be characterized as being more positive, is the NiteIze eClipze, which has two ‘barbs’ and a spring. It bites into the pocket material. Very positive for keeping a knife from unintentionally being dropped, but some times annoying in use (depending on trouser material), as the knife clip sometimes bunches up thick material like that of jeans thus making it quite a chore to remove the knife from the pocket.

The Spyderco wire clip has just the right amount of strength to keep the knife in the pocket without making one work for it when taking out the knife, like one sometimes have to with the NiteIze eClipse. It works perfectly for my use and is everything, I could ever wish for in a clip.

Just as I like it, the clip makes for the deep deep DEEP pocket wear, which I prefer both for practical reasons (not inadvertently dropping the knife out of the pocket) and also for the ability of the wire clip to ‘fly under the radar’ so to speak. Low profile is a good thing in my book.
Billede
NEVER change the design of the clip and the single screw which holds it, please.
Its simple, its beautiful, it works.

Blade – or saving the best for last (with some reserve)
The steel is Böhler Uddeholm N690Co and the choice of that steel type and the slim light weight FRN handle is quite simply a match made in heaven.
Billede
The N690Co is not unlike my Spyderco Perrin and Spyderco MoranVG10 knives in charactaristics; the Spyderco DK Legal EDC is easy to sharpen with my Lansky Diamond Sharpening Set (but then a demented monkey could achieve a keen edge on almost any knife with the Lansky).

The Spyderco came with the proverbial hair popping edge and stayed that way for a good long time and during some moderate to heavy use.
Super easy to sharpen with a little work on the Lansky. I also used a leather strop to bring the edge up to speed again at times.
The N690Co is a fine steel, which takes a great edge and holds It for long enough to satisfy most owners, Im sure. A perfect choice of steel for the use IMO.
The N690Co steel is the perfect knife steel to satisfy the most users IMO. Plenty of reistance to rust whilst also retaining a (very) decent edge for a good long while.
I mentioned the excellent knife steel of the Moran and the Perrin. Like the Spyderco Moran, the Spyderco DK Legal knife is actually a pretty versatile knife which shares some of the features of my trailing edge Moran. Im a big fan of the versatility of the Moran, but some of the use to which I put the Spyderco, was surely not what the design team nor Spyderco had intended for a DK EDC knife.

I used the DK legal Spyderco for minimal food prep, whittling, the aforementioned cardboard box and envelope opening and subsequent shredding of same. All activities for which it worked fines, though I find that when working around a cutting board, one has to use some not too comfortable angles, as the curve of the blade and the handle forces you to hold the knife at a somewhat steeper angle, than you would, had the knife had more of a ‘Santoku’ knife shape.
Food prep may of course not be the main task intended for this knife, I realize that.

What, jimping and no choil!?
Okay, so you guessed it, Im a big fan of choils and would have liked to have seen a choil on this Spyderco also (on most knives of this type actually). No, I don’t care what length the blade has (or don’t have as the case might be).
The blade has jimping on the underside of the blade but none topside.
Billede
I would have preferred a choil instead of the jimping. A choil is also nice in a small slipjoint, as it goes some way towards preventing the knife blades from slamming back on your fingers, should the knife inadvertently close half way.

Some of the work I do with my knives makes me choke up on the blade. I like working that way, as it makes for more control during fine work.
The Spyderco-Moran is more than just holding it by the handle. There is more than one way to hold it.
The Spyderco for the Danish market is about as versatile as my Moran in the trailing point version. You can work with the knife in a multitude of hand holds.

As mentioned above, I found a use for the Spyderco DK EDC Legal which most likely was not on the agenda of the designers nor Spyderco, Im sure.
You can hold and work with the Spyderco in several ways. You can use it with a normal hand hold or you can choke up on the blade:
Billede
Billede
Some hunters will already now be able to see, where Im going with this.
I found that the Spyderco is a very good small folding skinner. With the above hold, its perfect for caping and other fine work.
Using this hand hold.....
Billede
……………the curve of the blade and the ability to use two fingers as a guide so as not to poke into the guts, makes it great for ‘opening the zipper’ on a deer (I’ll spare you the gory pics).
The blade point not being too pointy was an advantage in this respect.
You would usually use the two fingers of your other hand when skinning, but please bear in mind, that I had to take the pic and had no hand to spare.
Further more, I will add, that the pic is NOT meant to be a rude gesture (as the two-finger salute is in some countries)!

Ruminations on blade shape

I have for years been a big fan of Wharnclif(f) and Sheepsfoot shaped blades and have modified several knives in order to experiment with a shape, which worked best for me with the intended use as a DK Legal EDC in mind. Several cheap and defenceless Opinels number 10 and twelves have been cut down and experimented with and then changed some more.

My intention was to achieve a workable blade shape, which would look (relatively) harmless, so as not to scare sheeple and at the same time be useful for my use – mainly opening cardboard boxes and cutting them apart, opening envelopes, peeling an apple and the occasional general food prep in a pinch during my frequent kayak trips.

I know I know, the latter is a tall order, but Ive found, that although Im often the only one carrying a knife here in the current hysterical anti-knife climate and although other people with whom I go kayaking turn to me for their knife needs as they never carry themselves, its simply a nuisance to carry a bigger (more useful) knife.
Even though I can do so legally for camping/hiking/kayaking (proper cause like camping/kayaking is reason enough to carry a larger non-folder).

Its just that some are aghast and react with incredulity when being presented with anything bigger than a SAK + you have the hassle in the back of your mind, that you have to go straight home with no detours or risk the full wrath of the law. Simply often not worth bothering with thus I often find myself ‘undergunned’ and carrying a small knife to do the job of a bigger blade (the smaller knife being either a SAK Spartan, U1, COX or Leatherman Juice or something in that vein).

The blade shape, I ended up using was this:

Billede
In my mind, it looked as far from the tacticool look wich might prompt an unwanted reaction from a LEO or bystanders.

Some don’t agree; I sent the knife to a moderator of a fairly large knife forum for testing. Being a competent knife geek, he looked the knife over, but thought the knife shape too much ‘gangster,’ so seems the jury is still out on that one. Maybe that goes for the EDC legal Spyderco too?

To me, it signals anything but tacticool design (a good thing), but to others, that may not be so. To each his own.

I found the straight edged Opinel Wharnie/sheepsfoot design perfect for annihilating card board boxes.
Likewise the blade of Spyderco. The broad(ish) point is a bit tricky to maneuver into the slit of envelopes when opening but very good for opening cardboard boxes. One just has to take into account, that the curve of the Spyderco blade in combination with the shape of the handle makes you bend your wrist more in order to cant the knife a bit further forward than you would with the straight blade/handle combo of for example my modded Opinels.

Conclusion
Knife steel, FRN handle material, (lack of) heft and the wire clip are great choices IMO.
I found, that I could use the knife for various tasks and I was certainly prepared to like it after being familiar with the shape of the blade after having owned the Cox and having converted several knives to the same general shape a while ago.
This knife will work fine for EDC, but the people I asked to handle it, were not big fans of the blade shape over a more conventionally shaped blade.
In my opinion and also to those who tried handling my example of the Spyderco DK Legal knife, it was far too easy to grab hold of the exposed blade and open it with one hand. Again, that is at least how it is on my knife.
Spring not tight enough and too much blade exposed.
The opening was smooth and though its possible to open the knife with one hand, it still held open perfectly fine under normal use. So in that regard, there are certainly no complaints.

The knife works for most common EDC tasks demanded of a folder and even some jobs, that are not usually within the scope of an EDC folder in DK i.e. skinning..
It would be a perfect companion knife for a bigger hunting knife when not using it for ‘normal’ EDC use, as I found out thus making it maybe even more versatile than intended.

One thing, I did find after prolonged and heavy use of the knife, was that the spine of the blade is very sharp. This is of course most likely intentional in order to make a ‘sharp’ looking knife. The angular and sharp profile of the blade spine is a natural continued line from the back spring. It is how ever still sharp when working on the blade.
Further more, it might over time be a pocket eater.

No biggie; though it cosmetically looks better with the sharp angular spine, I took care of it by simply (very) lightly chamfering the spine of the blade with a Dremel.
A detail, but maybe still worthy of some thought..

While this knife can work for EDC and then some, its my belief, that it needs a stronger spring or some other solution for it to be considered EDC legal.
The knife works fine for most tasks, but in a perfect world we will get a down-to-earth DK legal archetypical Spyderco with more Spyderco and less outlandish design influence next.
Hopefully a Chaparral-like leaf shaped knife with slim FRN handle, the same wire clip and tan handle.
Ohh please, let us have tan.
Less is more.

Brugeravatar
TheKapow
Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesser: edc, foldeknive, paracord
Geografisk sted: København, Vanløse
Kontakt:

Re: Spyderco DK EDC - indtryk og erfaringer.

Indlæg af TheKapow » 6. okt 2012, 01:23

Kunne ikke være mere enig ned til mindste detalje.

Brugeravatar
Fragezeichen
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Interesser: Pistol og revolver
Geografisk sted: Sønderjylland

Indlæg af Fragezeichen » 6. okt 2012, 10:57

Nu er spørgsmålet hvornår at den kommer på markedet i DK. Jeg ved da godt at jeg kan handle den i USA, men jeg vil foretrække at købe den her eller i et EU-land.
Den er jo også at finde på Youtube nu..... :razz:

Jeg har skrevet til Naturgalleriet, og gjort opmærksom på kniven. Jeg kan forstå på Kniv-Per at den kommer hjem snart.
Liberal våbenlovgivning er frihed.

Coldsteel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Interesser: Knive
Geografisk sted: på fyn

Indlæg af Coldsteel » 6. okt 2012, 14:13

Fragezeichen skrev:Nu er spørgsmålet hvornår at den kommer på markedet i DK. Jeg ved da godt at jeg kan handle den i USA, men jeg vil foretrække at købe den her eller i et EU-land.
Den er jo også at finde på Youtube nu..... :razz:

Jeg har skrevet til Naturgalleriet, og gjort opmærksom på kniven. Jeg kan forstå på Kniv-Per at den kommer hjem snart.
jeg har lige bestilt den fra USA til ca 50-60 dollers og fået vedkommede til at sende den som en gave grundet tolden, nu venter jeg bare spændt på den :eek:

Brugeravatar
Scout
Platin Member
Platin Member

Indlæg af Scout » 6. okt 2012, 15:21

TheKapow skrev:Kunne ikke være mere enig ned til mindste detalje.
Normalt er jeg enig i, at der skal være plads også til de mere outrerede knive, men i dette tilfælde håber jeg virkeligt, at Sal kommer med en Syderco i den helt traditionelle Charparral stil og så bare tilpasset Dansk lov.

En 'tan' DKPK med et lidt mindre greb. Et greb, der ikke er så meget større end bladet som det er tilfældet på DKPK.

Selvfølgelig også tilpasset dansk lov.

Jeg ved ikke, om jeg er den eneste, men efter at have prøvet flere forskellige DK legale knive, så er det virkelig, virkelig, VIRKELIG tid til, at vi får en helt almindelig Spyderco til lommen!

-----

Hvis der er andre, der har en mening om min test af kniven, så er jeg meget interesseret i at høre den.

Brugeravatar
TheKapow
Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesser: edc, foldeknive, paracord
Geografisk sted: København, Vanløse
Kontakt:

Indlæg af TheKapow » 6. okt 2012, 17:57

Det jeg ikke forstår er hvad man tænker på når man laver sådan et greb?.. Hvis du læser min feedback kan du se at jeg har fået mange personer med forskellige finger stillinger til at teste kniven med forskellige cuts osv og det første folk siger er 'den ligger dårligt i hånden'.. Nu ved jeg godt at du ikke kan li cox og at det possible er din jeg lige nu har i lommen? (hvis du har solgt den på dba med sn:17).. Men det er næsten en 'aaah' fornemmelse når man får den i hånden efter man har haft pingoen i hånden, så kan vi diskutere bladet og bugs osv, men why laver man sådan et greb på en kniv der skal please et helt folkefærd, når man kunne have skævet til en form der var 'proven' og som var safe, det er sindsygt nemt at skære sig i pegefingeren på pingoen, et problem jeg aldrig har haft med Cox og jeg bruger den faktisk hver dag.. Men jeg tænker lidt at grunden til at jeg godt kan li bökeren er at jeg har små hænder, kan sagens forestille mig at den ligger dårligt i en stor hånd.

Brugeravatar
Scout
Platin Member
Platin Member

Indlæg af Scout » 7. okt 2012, 11:27

Må tilstå at jeg heller ikke lige fatter, hvad der er sket med det Spyderco grebdesign.

Brugeravatar
Elbæk
Platin Member
Platin Member
Interesser: WW2/jagt/CAS/blankvåben
Geografisk sted: Østjylland

Indlæg af Elbæk » 27. okt 2012, 15:01

Som en af dem som egentlig synes, at den nye Spyderco er ganske pæn, har jeg et enkelt spørgsmål; har nogen haft en af dem forbi rigspolitiets våbenafdeling - eller måske blot deres lokale våbensagkyndige - for at høre hvad deres mening er om kniven?

Jeg var en af de uheldige, som købte den første "DK lovlige" Spyderco i sin tid - kun for at finde ud af at den i Aaarhus, hvor jeg boede dengang, blev betragtet som enhåndsbetjent.

Jeg har arbejdet i outdoor forretninger siden 2007 - og ved at flere af de større danske importører af knive og mulitools aktivt samarbejder med rigspolitiet. Det er naturligvis ikke sådan at man kan få en regulær godkendelse af et produkt hos politiet, men man kan få et stærkt praj om hvorvidt noget er kosher eller ej.

Et godt eksempel er f.eks. denne lille folder fra Puma TEC; http://www.effektlageret.dk/product/pum ... kniv-4578/ - den mente Horsens politi hårdnakket var enhåndsbetjent, indtil de blev forevist en skrivelse fra en ansat ved rigspolitiet, som vurderede at den ikke kunne betegnes som sådan.
"Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Böse, 1886

Brugeravatar
Elbæk
Platin Member
Platin Member

Indlæg af Elbæk » 30. okt 2012, 20:54

Jeg har sendt en mail til Per fra Naturgalleriet i Holte:

Hej

Jeg tænkte på om I regner med at få den nye Spyderco Pingo hjem?
http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=781

Den ser jo rigtig spændende ud :)

Hvis I tager den hjem, bliver det så med en eller anden form for
officiel godkendelse af at den er gadelovlig fra det danske politi?
Grunden til at jeg spørger er at jeg var en af dem som købte den
første "gadelovlige" Spyderco;
http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=365 - kun for at
få at vide at den blev betragtet som enhåndsbetjent i Aarhus, hvor jeg
boede dengang. Kom der egentlig noget officielt svar på om den kniv
var lovlig eller ej?

Mvh.

Jakob

Vejen frem må, efter et have tænkt over det, være at det er importøren - og ikke os hver især - som tager kontakt til politiet for at få nye knive "godkendt" som gadelovlige/lovlige.
"Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein."

Brugeravatar
Elbæk
Platin Member
Platin Member

Indlæg af Elbæk » 30. okt 2012, 22:04

Det var hurtigt jeg fik svar fra Per :)

Kniven er på lager om 1-3 uger.

Desværre vil der ikke, i første omgang, blive taget skridt, fra Naturgalleriet side, til at få "godkendt" kniven som gadelovlig (eller lovlig i det hele taget) hos politiet.

Brugeravatar
Grejs76
Gold Member
Gold Member
Interesser: DK lovlige EDC knive
Geografisk sted: Vestsjælland

Indlæg af Grejs76 » 31. okt 2012, 12:52

Søg på "Custom.Scale.Division" på facebook. De laver åbenbart skæfteskaller til alt muligt, bl.a. Pingo'en.

Billeder fra facebooksiden:
577297_436633213059780_1385641906_n.jpg
577297_436633213059780_1385641906_n.jpg (19.94 KiB) Vist 10751 gange
Vedhæftede filer
155506_436790129710755_1518534855_n.jpg
155506_436790129710755_1518534855_n.jpg (19.1 KiB) Vist 10751 gange
156687_437398512983250_1542007361_n.jpg
156687_437398512983250_1542007361_n.jpg (46.38 KiB) Vist 10751 gange
223681_440301619359606_1313801362_n.jpg
223681_440301619359606_1313801362_n.jpg (20.25 KiB) Vist 10751 gange
Jeg går sgu med den kniv

Brugeravatar
Fragezeichen
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Indlæg af Fragezeichen » 31. okt 2012, 12:56

Grejs76 skrev:Søg på "Custom.Scale.Division" på facebook. De laver åbenbart skæfteskaller til alt muligt, bl.a. Pingo'en.

Har du selv købt nogen af de skaller Grejs ?

Jeg har endnu ikke købt min Pingo endnu. Foreløbigt har jeg set den på Bökers hjemmeside, men de er jo kendte for deres lange leveringstid. Hos Spyderco er den vistnok udsolgt allerede........

Brugeravatar
Grejs76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Indlæg af Grejs76 » 31. okt 2012, 16:58

Har ikke selv købt hos dem. Ville nok selv lave dem, tror jeg.

Synes bare, der er fart på. Folk ude i verden har taget Pingo'en ret godt til sig. Har endnu ikke set en dårlig anmeldelse.

Danmarks skrappe knivlov bliver livligt omtalt

Mikael.
Jeg går sgu med den kniv

Brugeravatar
Fragezeichen
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Indlæg af Fragezeichen » 31. okt 2012, 18:04

Grejs76 skrev:Har ikke selv købt hos dem. Ville nok selv lave dem, tror jeg.

Synes bare, der er fart på. Folk ude i verden har taget Pingo'en ret godt til sig. Har endnu ikke set en dårlig anmeldelse.

Danmarks skrappe knivlov bliver livligt omtalt

Mikael.
Ja, på Youtube bliver vores kære knivlov omtalt. :wall:

Og der er da også et par videoer af Pingoen, der er værd at se på....... :DancingBanana:

Brugeravatar
Elbæk
Platin Member
Platin Member

Indlæg af Elbæk » 23. nov 2012, 09:39

Så Spyderco Pingo på lager hos Kniv Per; http://www.thegoodstuffshop.dk/product. ... duct=28616

575,- er slet ikke en ringe pris :)

Jeg regner med at smutte ind forbi og kigge på en i morgen, da jeg alligevel skal en tur derover...

Brugeravatar
Fragezeichen
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Indlæg af Fragezeichen » 23. nov 2012, 14:23

Elbæk skrev:Så Spyderco Pingo på lager hos Kniv Per; http://www.thegoodstuffshop.dk/product. ... duct=28616

575,- er slet ikke en ringe pris :)

Jeg regner med at smutte ind forbi og kigge på en i morgen, da jeg alligevel skal en tur derover...
Du kan få den hos Heinnie for 49,95£, så man kan vel ikke sige at thegoodstuffshop er specielt billig at handle i.

Jeg finder det komisk at en kniv for det danske marked, først kommer ud i USA, og der efter i Tyskland og England.
Jeg tror at den bliver et samlerstykke i udlandet, mens at den aldrig rigtigt vil slå igennem i Danmark.

Danskerne er et tåbeligt folkefærd, som ikke er interesseret i nyskabelser på knivfronten.

Brugeravatar
Grejs76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Indlæg af Grejs76 » 23. nov 2012, 14:33

Fragezeichen skrev:
Danskerne er et tåbeligt folkefærd, som ikke er interesseret i nyskabelser på knivfronten.
Jeg vil gerne have mulighed for at købe en "almindelig" kniv før jeg springer over samlemanien med de mere specielle.

Spyderco laver mange helt almindelige knive med et ergonomisk skæfte og et Leaf eller droppoint blad. DKPK er i min verden normal. Nåede desværre aldrig at købe en.

Det gør mig ikke tåbelig. Vil bare gerne have det basale på plads, før jeg begynder at frådse.

Mikael.
Jeg går sgu med den kniv

Brugeravatar
Scrapper
Platin Member
Platin Member
Interesser: Knive, bushcraft, vandring
Geografisk sted: Kokkedal

Indlæg af Scrapper » 23. nov 2012, 14:36

Det bunder nok i, at vi ikke er særlig mange, der går op i knive her i lille knivforskrækkede Danmark...

Folk der interesserer sig for sporvogne undrer sig nok også over, at der ikke er flere der synes vi skal have flere ny og spændene sporvogne i gadebilledet.

Brugeravatar
Elbæk
Platin Member
Platin Member

Indlæg af Elbæk » 24. nov 2012, 13:25

Jeg har lige været forbi Naturgalleriet i Holte for at kigge på den nye Spyderco Pingo.

Det er en sød lille kniv - som kun vanskeligt lader sig åbne med en hånd. Hvis den politiet vil klassificere den som enhåndsbetjent er det enten en principiel beslutning pga. hullet - eller også er mange af mine andre knive, f.eks. Leatherman Crater C33DK, også enhåndsbetjente.

Brugeravatar
Scout
Platin Member
Platin Member

Indlæg af Scout » 24. nov 2012, 14:00

Grejs76 skrev:Har ikke selv købt hos dem. Ville nok selv lave dem, tror jeg.

Mikael.
Ditto her. Har endnu ikke købt nogle, men er selv igang med et projekt til Pingo'en sammen med en kammerat, der er rigtig god til at lave grebsskaller til sådan en fætter :biggrin:

Billede

Billede

Billede
:biggrin:

:DancingBanana:

Brugeravatar
308 W
Platin Member
Platin Member
Interesser: Jagt & Hundetræning
Geografisk sted: Midt/Vestjylland

Indlæg af 308 W » 14. jan 2013, 11:34

Grejs76 skrev:Søg på "Custom.Scale.Division" på facebook. De laver åbenbart skæfteskaller til alt muligt, bl.a. Pingo'en.

Tysk er ikke min stærke side..

Men betaler for skaller eller en hel custom pingo her
http://www.cuscadi.de/shop/cuscadi-spyderco-pingo/

Brugeravatar
Grejs76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Indlæg af Grejs76 » 14. jan 2013, 11:38

Desværre ausverkauft (udsolgt).

Mikael.
Jeg går sgu med den kniv

Besvar