New to IPSC Denmark advise needed

For sportsskytter der vil lidt mere...
Besvar
pradheep88
Interesser: Fredericia
Geografisk sted: Denmark

New to IPSC Denmark advise needed

Indlæg af pradheep88 » 7. aug 2022, 22:39

I recently moved to Denmark permanently from Sri Lanka. Please forgive me not discussing this matter in Danish. I am active IPSC shooter from Sri Lanka and I have participated in many competitions. I recently joined a club and waiting for my SKV6 approval. I have few doubts which I like to clarify. I do want to participate IPSC open division pistol and shotgun. My club does not own IPSC open division guns how am I suppose to practice? I was advised that I can purchase firearms under the club and I can transfer under my name after two years. Is this normal procedure by law? Also should I wait for 2 years to get my A license to participate on IPSC competitions?

Brugeravatar
Grendel
Platin Member
Platin Member
Interesser: Pistolskydning, IPSC
Geografisk sted: Midtjylland

Re: New to IPSC Denmark advise needed

Indlæg af Grendel » 7. aug 2022, 23:02

I am not sure but i think you need to be a danish citizen to obtain a firearms permit here in Denmark - it will be difficult for you ,to find a club that could offer a Open division weapon for your pleasure.
Willst du es nie wieder sehen
lass es schwimmen in Benzin

Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something.

Brugeravatar
Bofhenator
Interesser: Pistol, Riffeljagt, Genladning
Geografisk sted: Nordsjælland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Bofhenator » 7. aug 2022, 23:24

Grendel skrev:
7. aug 2022, 23:02
I am not sure but i think you need to be a danish citizen to obtain a firearms permit here in Denmark...
No, You just need to be a resident.
/bofh
"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Hanlons razor

Flugteren
Platin Member
Platin Member
Interesser: Jagt, skydning, sport, science
Geografisk sted: Sjælland

Indlæg af Flugteren » 7. aug 2022, 23:54

pradheep88 skrev:
7. aug 2022, 22:39
I recently moved to Denmark permanently from Sri Lanka. Please forgive me not discussing this matter in Danish. I am active IPSC shooter from Sri Lanka and I have participated in many competitions. I recently joined a club and waiting for my SKV6 approval. I have few doubts which I like to clarify. I do want to participate IPSC open division pistol and shotgun. My club does not own IPSC open division guns how am I suppose to practice? I was advised that I can purchase firearms under the club and I can transfer under my name after two years. Is this normal procedure by law? Also should I wait for 2 years to get my A license to participate on IPSC competitions?
Yeah, that is a common procedure and in accordance with the law. Many clubs offer members to buy a personal "club gun" which is stored at the club until the member has fulfilled the requirement of two years of active membership in order to qualify for an SKV2. However, not all clubs can provide this kind of service, and even if they do, they may want you to be an active member for at least six months to a year before the club foreman will sign off on the application. Check with your club.

Other users are more well-versed in the laws and regulations regarding shooting divisions and IPSC, so I won't comment on that. :smile:

Oh, and welcome to Denmark. Always great to see more people involved in sports shooting here in Denmark.

pradheep88

Indlæg af pradheep88 » 7. aug 2022, 23:57

Bofhenator skrev:
7. aug 2022, 23:24
Grendel skrev:
7. aug 2022, 23:02
I am not sure but i think you need to be a danish citizen to obtain a firearms permit here in Denmark...
No, You just need to be a resident.

Correct

pradheep88

Indlæg af pradheep88 » 8. aug 2022, 00:07

Flugteren skrev:
7. aug 2022, 23:54
pradheep88 skrev:
Yeah, that is a common procedure and in accordance with the law. Many clubs offer members to buy a personal "club gun" which is stored at the club until the member has fulfilled the requirement of two years of active membership in order to qualify for an SKV2. However, not all clubs can provide this kind of service, and even if they do, they may want you to be an active member for at least six months to a year before the club foreman will sign off on the application. Check with your club.

Other users are more well-versed in the laws and regulations regarding shooting divisions and IPSC, so I won't comment on that. :smile:

Oh, and welcome to Denmark. Always great to see more people involved in sports shooting here in Denmark.

Thank you so much for your kind advise. Of course I did contact present club and other clubs chairman who did advise me the same. But of course I will anything withing the law. It is a great sport but unfortunately it does not get much exposure unlike other sports except disciplines like ISSF. Anyways nice talking to fellow shooters.

Flugteren
Platin Member
Platin Member

Indlæg af Flugteren » 8. aug 2022, 00:12

pradheep88 skrev:
8. aug 2022, 00:07
Flugteren skrev:
7. aug 2022, 23:54
pradheep88 skrev:

Thank you so much for your kind advise. Of course I did contact present club and other clubs chairman who did advise me the same. But of course I will anything withing the law. It is a great sport but unfortunately it does not get much exposure unlike other sports except disciplines like ISSF. Anyways nice talking to fellow shooters.
No problem, and same to you. :thumbup:

Brugeravatar
Fast Fumble
Interesser: Pistoler, IPSC, motorsport
Geografisk sted: Nordjylland
Geografisk sted: Aalborg
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Fast Fumble » 9. aug 2022, 10:50

pradheep88 skrev:
I do want to participate IPSC open division pistol and shotgun.
And maybe the thread missed a small detail:
Shotgun IPSC is not possible in Denmark, for a number of reasons - but for all practical purposes: You can only shoot IPSC Shotgun OUTSIDE the Danish borders.
Football, tennis and golf, requires only one ball. Racing requires two.
Slava Ukraini!

Frantz
Banned
Banned
Interesser: Skyd
Geografisk sted: Danmark
Geografisk sted: Danmark

Indlæg af Frantz » 9. aug 2022, 18:46

Welcome to Denmark. We look forward to seeing you at some matches. In addition to the fact that you want to shoot open, you will probably also reload your ammunition. For that, you must have a reloading course and a permit. the problem is that you have to reload the ammunition you need for your open shooting. But you may not store it unless you own a weapon in the rewarding caliber. Even if you have a weapon in the club, it is not in your name, but in the name of the club and therefore you cannot store ammunition for the weapon. Remember that in addition to a skv6, which is a permit to use the club's weapons, you must also have a skv3 permit, which gives you permission to borrow the club's (your own) weapons and transport them outside the club for tuning and training. I don't know how far you want to drive for the right club, but Lunde shooting club in southern Fyn is one of the few places in Denmark where IPSC events are held. and one of their members (I don't know if he is their chairman) whose name is Rasmus is one of the country's most active and skilled IPSC shooters. and under him at the club you will be well helped in every way. as for the IPSC shotgun i think the only option is for you to get a hunting license. then you buy the shotgun and if it is a semi-automatic or pump then you limit the magazine to only contain 1 cartridge. in denmark we are only allowed to have 2 cartridges in a shotgun for hunting. (one in the gun and one in the magazine) but since you don't use it for hunting, I'm not sure if you can avoid restricting the gun or if you have to remove the restriction when you go abroad.
no matter what, there is a level III match in Dall on the 27th and 28th of August. It's called the Dall challenge and I think you should take a look. https://www.dall-IPSC-challenge.dk/
Så fik jeg endelig min 1866 riffel.

Brugeravatar
Ras.Killing
Platin Member
Platin Member
Interesser: Jagt & pistolskydning
Geografisk sted: Sy'Fyn

Indlæg af Ras.Killing » 9. aug 2022, 18:58

pradheep88 skrev:
Also should I wait for 2 years to get my A license to participate on IPSC competitions?
You dont need to.

You can use a gun frome your club, but you will need a SKV3 permit, so you are allowed to transport it.
"The culture I stand for is sometimes lost into today's society, when in fact society was built on the culture of The Hunter.

Make Fyn fin again!

pradheep88

Indlæg af pradheep88 » 10. aug 2022, 14:37

Frantz skrev:
9. aug 2022, 18:46
Welcome to Denmark. We look forward to seeing you at SOME matches. In addition to the fact that you want to shoot open, you will probably also reload your ammunition. For that, you must have a reloading course and a permit. the problem is that you have to reload the ammunition you need for your open shooting. But you may not store it unless you own a weapon in the rewarding caliber. Even if you have a weapon in the club, it is not in your name, but in the name of the club and therefore you cannot store ammunition for the weapon. Remember that in addition to a skv6, which is a permit to use the club's weapons, you must also have a skv3 permit, which gives you permission to borrow the club's (your own) weapons and transport them outside the club for tuning and training. I don't know how far you want to drive for the right club, but Lunde shooting club in southern Fyn is one of the few places in Denmark where IPSC events are held. and one of their members (I don't know if he is their chairman) whose name is Rasmus is one of the country's most active and skilled IPSC shooters. and under him at the club you will be well helped in every way. as for the IPSC shotgun i think the only option is for you to get a hunting license. then you buy the shotgun and if it is a semi-automatic or pump then you limit the magazine to only contain 1 cartridge. in denmark we are only allowed to have 2 cartridges in a shotgun for hunting. (one in the gun and one in the magazine) but since you don't use it for hunting, I'm not sure if you can avoid restricting the gun or if you have to remove the restriction when you go abroad.
no matter what, there is a level III match in Dall on the 27th and 28th of August. It's called the Dall challenge and I think you should take a look. https://www.dall-IPSC-challenge.dk/
I do understand the trouble when it comes to 9mm major. I will not go for major just minor is good for me with factory loads. I have considered Engesvang Shooting circle. IPSC shotgun is probably not going be my cup of tea in Denmark due to the hassle. Also I have keep in mind SKV approval times are absurd due to technical reasons. Due to this reason I probably stick with handgun division for now later maybe consider others. Is there any facebook group some sort where all the IPSC shooters can connect each other? By the way thanks for your advise.

Brugeravatar
Ras.Killing
Platin Member
Platin Member

Indlæg af Ras.Killing » 10. aug 2022, 15:28

pradheep88 skrev:
10. aug 2022, 14:37
Is there any facebook group SOME sort where all the IPSC shooters can connect each other? By the way thanks for your advise.
On Facebook we have a group called IPSC Denmark and also IPSC riffel i Danmark.
"The culture I stand for is sometimes lost into today's society, when in fact society was built on the culture of The Hunter.

Make Fyn fin again!

Brugeravatar
Grendel
Platin Member
Platin Member
Interesser: Pistolskydning, IPSC
Geografisk sted: Midtjylland

Indlæg af Grendel » 10. aug 2022, 17:36

pradheep88 skrev:
10. aug 2022, 14:37

I do understand the trouble when it comes to 9mm major. I will not go for major just minor is good for me with factory loads.
Zeromike do make reloaded 9mm major rounds .. :smile:

https://zeromike.dk/produkter/49-9x19mm ... er-plated/
Willst du es nie wieder sehen
lass es schwimmen in Benzin

Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something.

pradheep88

Indlæg af pradheep88 » 17. aug 2022, 22:36

Just wanted to let you guys know I got my SKV6 approved. I got it approved within 2 weeks, my next goal is get IPSC license. I want to thank everyone who helped me and guided me on the right path. I have a question I know its out of topic excuse me for that. I have interest in joining this club in Fyn which mainly focus on antique weapons shooting. Is there any restriction on buying bolt action rifles or semi automatic rifles like M1 Garand?

Flugteren
Platin Member
Platin Member

Indlæg af Flugteren » 17. aug 2022, 22:50

pradheep88 skrev:
17. aug 2022, 22:36
Just wanted to let you guys know I got my SKV6 approved. I got it approved within 2 weeks, my next goal is get IPSC license. I want to thank everyone who helped me and guided me on the right path. I have a question I know its out of topic excuse me for that. I have interest in joining this club in Fyn which mainly focus on antique weapons shooting. Is there any restriction on buying bolt action rifles or semi automatic rifles like M1 Garand?
Semiautomatic rifles can only be owned by holders of a Danish hunting license.

Brugeravatar
Ras.Killing
Platin Member
Platin Member

Indlæg af Ras.Killing » 17. aug 2022, 23:04

pradheep88 skrev:
17. aug 2022, 22:36
I have a question I know its out of topic excuse me for that. I have interest in joining this club in Fyn which mainly focus on antique weapons shooting. Is there any restriction on buying bolt action rifles or semi automatic rifles like M1 Garand?
As i remember there are some restrictions regarding age and models. It needs to be historic firearm/military surplus.

In Denmark we are not allowed to use semiauto rifles for sportsshooting, so if you want a Garand, then you need to have it rebuilded as a repeater (blocking the gassystem or something like that).

Make Fyn fin again!

pradheep88

Indlæg af pradheep88 » 18. aug 2022, 15:54

Let me get this straight if I want to own bolt action rifle just to shoot in the range, do I still need to have hunting license?

Brugeravatar
Mapzter
This member is
This member is
Interesser: IPSC og pistolskydning
Geografisk sted: Nordjylland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Mapzter » 18. aug 2022, 16:02

pradheep88 skrev:
18. aug 2022, 15:54
Let me get this straight if I want to own bolt action rifle just to shoot in the range, do I still need to have hunting license?
No, provided the rifle is on the "approved list", and you're a member of a shooting club that's a member of the shooting association which it is approved for.
I think this is the current list:
https://skytteunion.dk/zakobo/upload/fi ... ldende.pdf
Slava Ukraini!

IPSC - absoluten Königsdisziplin im Schießsport
Team Zero Mike Armory

Besvar